Well, that was weird!
Townsquare’s home office ended my search for an article about pets!
Email out of bounds
I just got an email that basically said –
with the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show coming up in a month, here is the result of a poll to determine which state prefers dogs over cats.
I thought this sounded interesting to share, so I clicked on the poll and was immediately WARNED that I couldn’t go because the site compromised our Business GAME Prohibited category. Hey, I just wanted to write a story, not bet on whether you would read it or not!
Not to be discouraged, I found other sources because I WILL WRITE THIS POST!
National Pet Month is on
June is only 11 days away and June is National Adopt a Rescue Cat Month…and we have 2! And on top of that it’s May and May is National Pet Month which covers all furry, feathered, leathery, finned, funny pets… including dogs… and we have 2.
So if that’s not a semi-weak but legitimate reason to investigate pet populations in an article, then I don’t know what is!
So one hunt, I went looking for pet ownership information for the Pacific Northwest and here’s what I found (according to Pawlicy Advisor)
NW Pet Ownership by the Numbers
Pet Ownership Statistics in Washington
- 62.7% of Washington households own a pet.
- 42.8% of Washington households own a dog.
- 30.5% of Washington households own a cat.
Pet Ownership Statistics in Oregon
- 59.2% of Oregon households own a pet.
- 37.8% of Oregon households own a dog.
- 30% of Oregon households own a cat.
Pet Ownership Statistics in Idaho
- 69.9% of Idaho households own a pet.
- 33.3% of Idaho households own a dog.
- 34.4% of Idaho households own a cat.